Monday, 12 March 2012

Loredas 22nd of the Last Seed, 4E 201

I woke to a clear and beautiful morning. Whiterun was waking up and the fresh smell of the meats filled the dawn's air.Whiterun was a grand city, the biggest in Skyrim and the central trading post for the country. Before I continued on my journey I needed some supplies. My first call was the alchemy shop, I needed just a few ingredients so some Wheat added to my Butterfly Wings and Blue Mountain Flowers would make a tasty little health potion. I got talking to the store owner, Arcadia. She was form Cyrodill too and asked where I was from, I didn't want to use the family name as I didn't want to draw any unwanted attention to my self. I dodged the question and asked where she was from, she dodged the question also and we both left it at that. I brought some fresh meat from one of the stalls for Grey and myself, a treat for breakfast.

I decided to take the South Pass just as Sinmir suggested, to get to Shor's Stone I would be passing through Riften which was a few days journey. It seemed like a good idea to stock up on some more arrows so my next stop was the Drunken Huntsman. The owner of the store was a spritely little Wood Elf called Elrindir and sold me some good quality steel arrows. The plan was to spend the night in Riverwood and see if there were any guides that would take me to the South Pass. But before that I must have a pint of Honninbrew Mead. As the golden nectar passed over my lips I could taste all those subtle spices and layering textures to make this rich deep mead. This was truly the drink of the Gods.

Shortly after leaving and ascending the hill to start the long winding road back to Riverwood I was met by a figure standing at the top of the incline. He started to make his was towards me, this didn't feel right and as his speed grow haste I knew. I drew my sword and I was locked in a battle against a very skilled Khajiit Assassin. His use of a duel daggers and cat like reflections were more than a match for my sword skills. It was only a matter of time before he defeated me in battle, but I weren't going without a fight. Every attack was met by the blocking powers of this formidable foe. But Just I saw the end coming Grey leapt on to the arm of the Assassin which distracted him momentarily. It gave me enough time to wound the Khajiit and knock him to the floor. He begged me for mercy but I had none to give. I ran my sword though his body and he was dead. I searched the body to find a note,

"As instructed, you are to eliminate Ertius Colollius by any means necessary. The Black Sacrament has been performed - somebody wants this poor fool dead.

We've already received payment for the contract. Failure is not an option.


- Astrid" 



Had my father's enemies found me? Were they looking for my brother too?  Am I being hunted? All I had was a name, Astrid. I didn't know who he was or where to find him, but I would. After I find my brother, we'll hunt down those trying to kill us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment