Thursday, 8 March 2012

Middas 19th of the Last Seed, 4E 201

Our journey for the lost journal continued high into the mountains. The air was becoming thinner and more crisp on my lungs. I had to take it slower as it was harder for me to catch my breath as I was still not used to such cold. I spent most of my childhood growing up on the West Weald. We had our own vineyard and I'd worked on them during the hotter months. I'd give anything to be back there now, instead of climbing up the side of this mountain in the freezing cold. I swear if Runil doesn't tell me what I need to know I don't think the Gods will ever forgive me for what I'll do to him.

The night was upon us by the we got to the cave, there was a guard at he entrance and he was casting magic on him self. I don't like magic and I don't like fighting enemies that use it but a quick bow to the torso and they go down like everyone else.

The cave was cold and wet and water seeped thought the cracks, the way the light caught it was almost magical. A sharp gust of wind caught me off guard and took the breath right out of me but never-the -less I carried on deeper into the unknown cave. There was a big wooden gate, it had only recently been built and I was just about to open it when I noticed magic. It was some sort of rune, I remember seeing Mage's using them in Morrowind at the camps. I almost blew my self up, how was I going to get past this?

I grabbed the dead bandit at the entrance of the cave and dragged him to the gate, I gave my self a minute as dragging a dead body though a cave is a lot harder than it sounds. Now I wasn't proud of what I did next but given the circumstances I had no choice. I tossed the bandit into the rune thus exploding the gate and the bandit. The doors blew open and the element of surprise was lost. The noise must have echoed through the cave alerting everyone to my presence. A group of three bandits came to investigate so I unsheathed my sword. My new companion shot off like he was going for a bone attacking one bandit. The other bandit confused just stood there leaving me to take care of the third. I made light work of him and then his friend and my new dog took care of the other.

My new friend proved himself in battle and I needed to give the mutt a name. Grey, I shall call him Grey. He seemed to like it and it suited him well. Now we must carry on and find that journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment