Middas 19th of the Last Seed, 4E 201
As the cave got deeper the air got thicker, I could hear the sound of a brutish Orc clanging about. There was something different about this one, he seemed stronger than the bandits I've encountered. I told Grey to wait and I went forth to tackle this Orc. As I was walking towards him with my sword at the ready I found myself shouting something about this Orc's parents being related. He was not amused and said he'd enjoy killing me, and I believed he would so best not give him the opportunity to. We found ourselves trading blows our swords locked in combat. There wasn't much room to move in the narrow part of the cave making combat difficult for the both of us. While we locked in a stand off, our swords pressed up against each other I drew my dagger and thrust it deep into his neck. He fell to the ground in a pool of his blood. I fell to my knees, hands shaking, not because of the adrenaline but because of my arms were hurting, this Orc was strong.
I barely had time to catch my breath when I herd the voice of a woman in trouble. I followed the voice and I find a Dunmer caught in a spiders web. I could tell by the skull on her robes that she practiced necromancy. I wanted to leave her to her fate but before I cut her down I said she'd better not try anything or I'd run her through with my blade. She replied "I couldn't even if I wanted to". I cut her down and she explained that this cave was a hide out for a gang of Spellswords and she had joined them so she could practice her necromancy in peace. When I asked why she was left for dead she told me she left for Riften so she could find her daughter who was in a orphanage, but by the time she got there she was gone. So returned and she had a curse put on her which prevented her from casting magic. I felt sorry for her even tough she was a necromancer, she was looking for someone and I could relate. She wanted to leave but I said traveling in these conditions at night would be suicide but she didn't listen and she left. I on the other hand decided to stay in the cave until morning so I made camp and settled down for the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment