Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Middas 26th of the Last Seed, 4E 201

I woke feeling refreshed, it was the first night I had where I didn't dream. Shor's Stone was only a few hours walk so I got my things together and headed out. I felt bad leaving Riften behind me, but there was not much I could do. I needed to find my brother, that had to be my focus. There will always be someone who needs help and I can't help them all. It seemed selfish but I needed to help myself first.

Shor's Stone was eerily quiet, all I could hear was the banging of a blacksmith and followed the sound. He told me there was an illness sometime ago and that a young Imperial came to help the town. It was my brother, it had to be. I asked for the Imperial's name, "Ildoni" the Blacksmith replied. He told me that he had got close to a woman called Sylgja.

Sylgja was laid up in bed, she had taken a bad fall and was in some discomfort. As I approached her she awoke. "Ildoni is that you"? I sat next to her on the bed and rolled up her trousers. I placed my hand on her leg and used a power I hadn't used for sometime. Her leg was healed and she was more coordinated. "Who are you"? I told her I was Ildoni's brother and that I was searching for him.

"So you're Ertius? Ildoni spoke of you in such high regard. He was so proud of what you were doing. Ildoni came here about two years ago. He heard about an illness that was taking over the village. He helped many but many died. He took it hard and I was a comfort to him. Those that got better left the village and only a few of us stayed. Ildoni stayed here with me and he became our healer. He was here for about a year before he decided to leave. He felt that he could be out there doing so much more, we weren't enough for him. He said he's was going to join the Imperial Legion where he could help treat the wounded. So he went to Solitude. He wrote for awhile but soon after the letters stopped. I haven't heard from him for over a year now". 


Ildoni what were you thinking joining the Legion? I feared the worst. He isn't a soldier, he's not even a healer. He always looked up to me, wanted to be just like me. I have no choice, I have to go to Solitude and find my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment