Monday, 12 March 2012

Sundas 23rd of the Last Seed, 4E 201

I didn't sleep very well again last night. The same dream I have before, fire, my father, but this time there was a hooded man. I couldn't see his face, he was more of an outline.

Sundas 23rd of the Last Seed, 4E 201

I decided that it was best that I find a guide, someone who knew the way though the South Pass. After asking around a Mer called Faendal agreed to show me the way which passed though Helgen.

Sundas 23rd of the Last Seed, 4E 201

As we approached to the top of a incline in the road there was another dark figure. Was he waiting for me? What should I do? He hasn't spotted me so I could take him down with a quick bow. But what if he was an innocent? What if he wasn't? I unsheathed my blade and told Faendal to be ready. One person against three, I liked the odds. As we approached it was another Khajiit, but he looked different, he wasn't an Assassin. But as I was about to holster my sword he drew his weapon and charged for us. Faendal and I both drew our bows and took him down. I searched the body to find Skooma, he was obviously an addict out of his mind.

As we approached Helgen I could smell the smouldering wood and the burnt corpses. I opened the gate not knowing what I might find. A city in ruins, the smell didn't prepare me enough for what I found. Dead bodies still producing heat after a week. I have never seen anything like this before. My father told of the city of Kvatch and it's destruction during the Oblivion Crisis. How do you rebuild from something like this? The town had been taken over by a gang of lawless bandits. I normally try and stay away from combat, especially when I'm outnumbered. But a rage took over, I thought about all the people that died here. The women, the children. I escaped, I can avenge the dead with my bow and blade. 


I left Helgen with blood on my clothes and a scar on my soul. I had killed them, no killed is the wrong word. Butchered them, I butchered them all. No words were spoken between Faendal and myself for the rest of the day. Not until we came to an abandoned shack on the other side of the mountain pass. He told me that he took me as far as he could and in the morning he would head back to Riverwood.


The Shack used to belong to an Alchemist, he had been growing a wide range of different plants. A lot of these were still here. I knew I wouldn't sleep so I made potions till the early hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment