Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Morndas 17th of the Last Seed, 4E 201

With the ruin of Helgen now firmly behind me, my next stop was a small town of Riverwood. I was hoping that someone may have remembered my brother passing though. This was a long shot as it was over three years ago, but this was the only lead I had. The long walk gave me time to reflect on everything that happened. As I approached this small tranquil village, the sun was firmly setting and the light caught the flickering water.  I could smell the damp grass and the aroma filled the air like an expensive perfume. I was tired as I had not stopped since I left Morrowind almost two weeks ago. I could feel the blood from the blisters on my feet everytime I took step.

I entered the Inn and the warmth of the open fire hit me as if the gates of Oblivion themselves had opened right in front of me. The smell of freshly cooked food and ale in the air made my stomach rumble like a dragons roar. This was the first warm meal I had since Bruma a week ago. I asked the barkeep if he had remembered seeing an Imperial of about 20 years of age passing through 3 years ago. He thought he did but couldn't remember, he said there was a priest staying at the Inn about that time and thought there was an Imperial with him but left for a village called Falkreath. Could this be the start of the trail that leads me to my brother?


No comments:

Post a Comment