Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Tirdas 25th of the Last Seed, 4E 201


The dreams are becoming worse, the fire, my father, the hooded man. This time I saw the faces of the people of Helgen, not just the people I killed but the families of those I avenged. I felt ill, I needed a few days rest but I was so close, I could sense my brother. Could he still be at Shor's Stone? With that to motivate me I continued to Riften, I was only a few hours away.

Halfway there was an Argonian at the side of the road. He said I didn't look to good and asked if I had trouble sleeping. He was a Skooma dealer, I knew I shouldn't but I brought some, just one to help me sleep and stop the dreams.


Walking up the hill the big gates of Riften came into view. The city gates were locked and the guard approached me and tried to shake me down. I couldn't believe it. But what was I to do? I payed the man his gold and he let me into the city. I took two steps in and another man stopped me. He asked me what my business was and I replied "none of yours". He warned me to be careful and not the caring kind. The streets were old and warn and littered with beggars. A woman was intimidating a man on the bridge right in front of the guards. The city was run by a family called the Black-Briars', they owned the city and all the guards, everything went into their deep pockets. This is what my father stood up against.


After the war the Titus Mede II signed a peace treaty with the Thalmor. It was called the White-Gold Concordat, a treaty that gives the Thalmor free rein to stamp out the worship of Talos in Tamriel, and other things. There was uproar throughout the Empire. My father said that he didn't fight in a war where he lost his friends to bend to the will of the Thalmor. So he became a political activist, marching through the streets of the Imperial City. He fought corruption and exposed those who betrayed the Empire. He fought for those who didn't have a voice, who didn't have the strength to fight. And he died for his cause.

With that in mind I walked the city for a while, I got a room at the Inn and got some hot food and stayed in my room for the night. I drank the Skooma in the hope I would sleep better.

No comments:

Post a Comment