Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Sundas 30th of the Last Seed, 4E 201

I entered the cold icy pass, I could feel the ice and snow break beneath my feet and I slowly made my way deeper into the unknown. The blood at the entrance didn't fill me with confidence but never-the-less, I continued forward. I could hear it, that unmistakeable sound. It was a troll. I have had plenty of run-ins with trolls in the past. Normally if I see one I run very fast in the opposite direction, but today I needed to get passed it. It was on a ledge above me so I could, if I was careful, sneak past unnoticed. I had to control myself, not let the fear take over me. Every step sounded like I was walking on a bed of bone and hoping the crunching wouldn't draw attention. I slowly got closer to the exit, I could feel my heart racing faster and faster. Was this sweat dripping of my nose or water from the icy shell above me?

I got through the pass and out the other side. It was now night, the snow fell hard and the cold felt very real. I didn't have the right attire to endure such cold and could feel my body starting to go into shock. I needed to get somewhere warm, quick or this cold would take me.

I'm walking blind through snow, there is no moon, there are no starts. Every snowflake that places upon me feeling like a thousand arrows piecing my cold numb body. In front was a warm glow, I could see its light calling to me thorough the dark and the fog.

I crashed into the inn and fell on the hard sturdy wooden floor. I could feel the warmth of the open fire as I passed into the dark, it gave me a sense of calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment