Friday, 16 March 2012

Sundas 30th of the Last Seed, 4E 201

After a few days of journeying I was back at Whiterun. I stayed the night and left at first light. I was going to stop off at a little town called Morthal. So I set off hoping to reach Solitude in a couple of days. After walking across the great vast plains of Whiterun for a few hours I was looking for a place I could rest for a short while. It was too dangerous to stop out in the open so I found a small hollow. As I approached the hollow a hungry black bear emerged. I ran with the bear chasing me I manged to get on the top of some nearby rocks. Safe out of the bears reach it dawned on me that this bear wasn't going to go away. I laced by bow with some poison I made and shot an arrow in to the bear's side. This pissed him off even more and stood up on his hind legs. I drew my sword and thrust it in the bear. Wounded the bear retreated and I knew this was my chance, so I jumped down from the rocks and made haste into the rising peaks.

Running into the high rocks I was faced with a new even more dangerous threat, Sabre Cats. The were feeding on a recently dead hunter and this was the perfect distraction for me to slip passed unnoticed. The path was blocked so I would have to climb the rocks. I manged to carefully climb over them and made my way down the other side. At the bottom was a cottage. I needed a rest and hoped the owner would have some supplies or lest me rest for awhile. I knocked on the door and entered, there was a Dunmer Mage who obviously wasn't taking visitors as he blasted me with a shock spell. I managed to cast a ward spell which took some of the sting out but this was one powerful Mage who wasn't up for small talk. I crashed through the door and ran as fast as I could and didn't stop until the cottage was a distant blur.

Tired, sore, hungry and suffering some minor burns I pressed on hard. The weather was getting colder and the snow was getting thicker. While staying in Whiterun I was told of pass that cut through the middle of the mountain and it would take me north of Mothal. There was a lot of blood at the entrance which was bad news for me. Going back wasn't an option so the only way was forward and with hesitance I made my way into the pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment