Tirdas 18th of the Last Seed, 4E 201
After sleeping slightly longer than I would have liked, my day was filled with optimism. I had a good strong lead and the hope that I was on the right track. Before I set off on my journey to Falkreath I stopped by the local blacksmith to buy some supplies. I had not much in gold so supplies would be more limited than I would have liked. Never-the-less I had enough to acquire a bow with some arrows and an Iron blade.
The road to Falkreath is long and a treacherous one but no matter how dangerous the task in hand is, I must continue no matter what. After a short walk met a poacher, she sold me some of her fish and we ate together by the riverbank. The fish is particularly salty in Skyrim, not like the fish in Cyrodiil. After my short break I carried on my journey. Will there priest be there? Did he even know my brother? All these questions waiting to be answered. The Inn keep told me before I left the road was plagued with Bandits, so I have to keep my guard up. I'm not in a position to fight so I must tread light and keep my wits about me.
A group of Bandits lay of the beaten road waiting to ambush any unsuspecting traveler. My instincts were telling me to kill them. I hate these lawless thugs, they have no honour and they worship no God. But I was outnumbered five to one, so against my better judgment I found another route.
By the time I got to Falkreath the sun was beginning to set but not that you could notice it. There was a fog that fell and death surrounded it. The villagers were weary of my presence, was this because I was and Imperial? Or was there something they were afraid of? I entered a goods store called Gray Pine Goods. As I opened the door I was met by a burly Nord by the name Bolund and wasted no time in telling me I was not welcome, and that was putting it lightly. His brother Solaf was more accommodating and apologised for his brothers actions. Normally I would have smacked the guy in the mouth but a night in the cells is the last thing I needed right now. I asked if there was a priest in the town that spent time in Riverwood a few years ago. Solaf pointed me to the graveyard.
I found myself at a very large graveyard where a priest was conducting a ceremony. I payed my respects to the dead as I did often. The scene reminded me of that I saw in Morrowind, fields of gravestones and people mourning. I spoke to the Priest, Runil and asked him if he was the one that was in Riverwood and if he knew my brother. He told me he could tell me what I needed to know but only if I helped him find his journal. I had to fight off the urge to take my blade and press it to his throat, but he was a man of the cloth, so I agreed to get back his journal in exchange for information on my brother.
I took the advantage of staying at the Inn for the night, I would track down the journal in the morning and demand the answers I seek. A soft bed and a warm meal is a hard thing to pass.
Enjoying this so far. Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteThanks I will.
Delete